Before a first or even second or third date, even the supremely confident among us can suffer a case of the jitters.A plethora of psychologists agree that certain tempos, bass beats, keys and lyrics can have a massive impact on your mood.
Researchers at The Kellogg School of Management, for example, conducted studies into the effects of certain music on our mind-sets, concluding: ‘Empowering music might be used strategically to get us in the right frame of mind.’
As music lovers, we at Spark Of Love have a song for every occasion, and we think we’ve come up with the ultimate pre-date playlist – 30+ minutes’ worth of music designed to empower you to be the best you can be for that all important first meeting.
The Spark Of Love playlist for first dates
1. Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor – everything from the fighting lyrics to the unique guitar riff make this a great song for putting you on top of the world.
2. Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey – the rousing guitar solo, upbeat tempo and the message at the heart of the song make this a pre-date classic.
3. Levels by Avicii – the feel good lyrics and catchy beat puts this on the scientists’ playlist as the song guaranteed to lift your mood and leave you feeling like you can conquer the world.
4. Firework by Katy Perry – ‘Baby you’re a firework, come on show ‘em what you’re worth’ – lyrics that can’t fail to leave you feeling supercharged for your date.
5. Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen – One listen and we guarantee you’ll be feeling like a ‘rocket ship on your way to Mars’.
6. Stronger by Kelly Clarkson – One of our favourite tracks from the American idol has a rousing melody and lyrics everyone can relate to – ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, stand a little taller…
7. Happy by Pharrell Williams – the undisputed anthem of summer 2014 is impossible to listen to without a smile on your face, and smiling has been scientifically proven to reduce nasty stress hormones and increase self-confidence and attractiveness.
8. Love On Top by Beyoncé – this retro pop-inspired track from the queen of everything has four key changes, each one taking the song to a whole new level of feel-good.
9. Titanium by David Guetta featuring Sia – the electro pop hit is frequently cited on lists of best workout tracks but with lyrics like ‘I’m bulletproof, nothing to lose,’ we think it can put you in a great frame of mind for approaching a date with a positive mental attitude.
If you have any other suggestions for songs that make you feel on top of the world, we’d love to hear from you. Email us at [email protected].