Advice from dating professionals, excellent dating tips that work and will make you and potential partner feel at ease.
1. The first date needn‘t be stressful, pretend you‘re meeting with a new work colleague, just relax and be yourself
2. Smile; show your new date what a warm person you are, this will relax you and your date.
3. Be attentive, listen to what they have to say and look and sound interested.
4. Do not take your mobile on your date, or if this is impossible, turn your phone off. Speaking on the phone during the date is rude and makes a bad impression.
5. Never talk about past relationships; this is discomfiting for your new date. Keep the conversation light and entertaining, maybe chat about holidays, travel, hobbies, etc.
6. Try to look in your date‘s eyes, if this is embarrassing for you, focus on the bridge of their nose in between their eyes, this will give the same effect.
7. First dates lend themselves to a cup of coffee or tea together. If you find you are both getting on very well then maybe go for an informal meal and perhaps a walk.
8. If you don‘t want to meet up again, thank and shake your date‘s hand and wish them well for the future.