We recently met up with a young Autistic woman from London who said she had friends aged 18 – 30 who have resigned themselves to the fact they will always be single. We asked the following questions:
1. Is this because they are just not meeting someone in their everyday life who they can relate to and, can relate to them?
2. Are they too anxious and nervous to embark on the world of dating?
3. Have they tried attending events designed for young men and women with disabilities?
4. Have they ever tried Disabled Dating Sites?
The young lady replied:
1. No, they do not meet the right people in their everyday life.
2. Yes, they are nervous and anxious, but would love to be in a relationship.
3. The thought of actually attending an event in order to meet a potential partner is just too overwhelming.
4. Some have tried the online dating sites, but who is there is to ask if ‘that’ particular person would be a good match for them; so for many it is just too risky to take the chance.
We feel it is an appalling fact that lovely young women are staying single through lack of guidance from experienced professionals.
Our personal introduction agency meets every member in person. We help to select potential matches. We are always here to advise, assist, and make the search as safe as possible, because, this is what we do!